Acoustic American Black Walnut Doors
Our veneered acoustic doors are manufactured using a Trisound 3 ply core with a cork outer layer, edged all round with 10mm thick American Black Walnut lippings. They are then faced with American Black Walnut veneer, sanded to give a smooth finish and pre-finished with 3 coats of 30% AC Lacquer ready for site installation.
American Black Walnut
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood varies from dark tan to deep chocolate depending on amount of exposure to air prior to drying. Grain varies from very straight to interlocked which produces pronounced figures that may or may not be desirable. Pin knots with small dark centres may be prevalent.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.