Acoustic American White Oak Doors
Our veneered acoustic doors are manufactured using a Trisound 3 ply core with a cork outer layer, edged all round with 10mm thick American White Oak lippings. They are then faced with American White Oak veneer, sanded to give a smooth finish and pre-finished with 3 coats of 30% AC Lacquer ready for site installation.
American White Oak
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Sharp contrast between coarse early wood and smooth late wood. Heartwood colour is light brown to light grey to medium brown. Large rays produce a pronounced flake appearance across the grain when the wood is quarter sliced. Rift cutting minimizes the flake appearance.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.