Acoustic European Oak Doors
Our veneered acoustic doors are manufactured using a Trisound 3 ply core with a cork outer layer, edged all round with 10mm thick European Oak lippings. They are then faced with European Oak veneer, sanded to give a smooth finish and pre-finished with 3 coats of 30% AC Lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Sharp contrast between coarse early wood and smooth late wood. Heartwood colour is light brown to light grey to medium brown. Large rays produce pronounced flake appearance across the grain when the wood is quarter sliced. Rift cutting minimises the flake appearance.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.