External Non-Fire Rated Flat Panel Doors
None-fire rated flat panel doors can be manufactured in a wide range of timbers and finishes; ideal for bespoke doors. Stable timbers should be used for External use. These include European Oak and Sapele.
European Oak is renowned for its golden colouring but can vary depending on its origin. Some knots and blemishes are present giving this hardwood Oak character. It is a hard, heavy and solid type of wood. Working with oak doesn’t come without its difficulties, pre-drilling for nails and screws is recommended to keep a clean finish. Oak is a naturally nice-looking piece of wood but can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for windows, doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal and external use.
Sapele is often a darker red/brown toned wood, normally has a wavy or interlocked grain with a fine texture. Some knots and blemishes are present giving this hardwood character. It is a medium strength piece of wood and works well with both machine and hand tools. It does have a tolerable blunt effect on the cutting edge. It can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for windows, doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal and external use.
If you choose your product to be primed, it will come to you following our priming process which consists of:
- A first coat of primer is applied by spray to the product, which then must dry.
- It is then sanded down to entail a smooth finish and is then given another coat.
- The product is sanded for the last time and is quality checked by our QA manager.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.