FD120 Warm Springs European Oak Fire Doors
Our FD120 Warm Springs doors are constructed using a 51mm thick mineral door core with tectonite framework. This is then lipped all round and faced with 4mm mdf on both sides. The MDF face is suitable for priming, veneering or laminating.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Sharp contrast between coarse early wood and smooth late wood. Heartwood colour is light brown to light grey to medium brown. Large rays produce pronounced flake appearance across the grain when the wood is quarter sliced. Rift cutting minimises the flake appearance.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.