FD120 Warm Springs Sapele Fire Doors
Our FD120 Warm Springs doors are constructed using a 51mm thick mineral door core with tectonite framework. This is then lipped all round and faced with 4mm mdf on both sides. The MDF face is suitable for priming, veneering or laminating.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood seasons to reddish or purplish brown. Grain is typically interlocked, resulting in pronounced striped effect when Quarter sliced. When interlocked grain is absent, appearance can be quite plain. Pommele figure from rotary cut veneer appears as diagonal waves of varying intensity.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.