FD30 Ash Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 30 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
Ash tends to be straight grained. It is a very pale tan/brown, not far off white. This wood has the odd occasional knot and is of coarse texture. It is a hard, tough but elasticated piece of wood. Ash works well with machines and hand tools but has a tolerable blunting effect. It can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for internal doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal use only.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.