FD30 Strebord American Black Walnut Fire Doors
Our veneered doors are manufactured using a Strebord multi-layer particle board core, edged all around with 10mm thick American Black Walnut lippings. They are faced with Crown or Quater Cut American Black Walnut Veneer, sanded giving a smooth finish, Pre-finished with three coats of 30% clear AC lacquer ready for site installation.
American Black Walnut
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood varies from dark tan to deep chocolate depending on amount of exposure to air prior to drying. Grain varies from very straight to interlocked which produces pronounced figures that may or may not be desirable. Pin knots with small dark centres may be prevalent.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.