FD30 Strebord Cherry Fire Doors
Our veneered doors are manufactured using a Strebord multi-layer particle board core, edged all around with 10mm thick Cherry lippings. They are faced with Crown or Quater Cut Cherry Veneer, sanded giving a smooth finish, Pre-finished with three coats of 30% clear AC lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Pink to reddish brown heartwood with blonde sapwood. Tight grain minimum early wood. Gum, pin knots and burls are prevalent. Figures are common and may include heavy patterns such as ropey, mottled, chevron, and flare.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.