FD30 Stredor American Black Walnut Fire Doors
Our Stredor American Black Walnut doors have a solid laminated timber core and American Black Walnut veneer faces. They are then edged all round with 10mm thick American Black Walnut lippings and pre-finished with 3 coats of AC Lacquer ready for site installation.
American Black Walnut
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood varies from dark tan to deep chocolate depending on amount of exposure to air prior to drying. Grain varies from very straight to interlocked which produces pronounced figures that may or may not be desirable. Pin knots with small dark centres may be prevalent.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.