FD30 Stredor Sapele Fire Doors
Our Stredor Sapele doors have a solid laminated timber core and Sapele veneer faces. They are then edged all round with 10mm thick Sapele lippings and pre-finished with 3 coats of AC Lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood seasons to reddish or purplish brown. Grain is typically interlocked, resulting in pronounced striped effect when Quarter sliced. When interlocked grain is absent, appearance can be quite plain. Pommele figure from rotary cut veneer appears as diagonal waves of varying intensity.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.