FD60 American White Oak Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 60 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
American White Oak
American White Oak can be a range of shades from light tan to a pale yellowish-brown. The grain tends to be straight but open. Some knots are present showing this hardwoods natural beauty. In texture, it is fairly course. It is a hard and heavy type of wood. It maintains a tolerable blunting effect, but pre-drilling for nails and screws is recommended. American White Oak can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for internal doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal use only.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.