FD60 Cherry Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 60 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
Cherry can be an array of colours from a lighter brown, to a rich red-brown to a darker brown. Colours between individual the boards can be vast. It holds a fine, straight and closed grain. Some knots are present showing this hardwoods natural state. It has medium strength and resistance. Cherry is a naturally nice-looking piece of wood but can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal use.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.