FD60 European Oak Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 60 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
European Oak is renowned for its golden colouring but can vary depending on its origin. Some knots and blemishes are present giving this hardwood Oak character. It is a hard, heavy and solid type of wood. Working with oak doesn’t come without its difficulties, pre-drilling for nails and screws is recommended to keep a clean finish. Oak is a naturally nice-looking piece of wood but can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for windows, doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal and external use.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.