FD60 Flamebreak Steamed Beech Fire Doors
Flamebreak doors are manufactured with either Ply or MDF faces. These faces can then be primed or painted or alternatively finished with kraft paper, laminate, veneer, or lacquer.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Very light sapwood with light pink to reddish brown heartwood, sometimes with a silvery sheen. More coarse than European Beech. Rays are slightly enlarged and will show up as flake when Quarter sliced.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.