FD60 Maple Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 60 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
Maple is eminent for its even tones of light tan or a light red-brown. Fewer knots are present giving this hardwood style. It is medium strength but good for steam-bending. Working with Maple isn’t always easy as it has a tolerable blunting effect; pre-drilling for nails and screws is recommended to keep its quality. This piece of wood can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for internal doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal use only.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.