FD60 Steamed Beech Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured for up to 60 minutes fire resistance, using Palusol laminated board panels, which are grooved into a hardwood framed door. These are ideal for bespoke doors.
Steamed Beech is often a very pale brown colour but can be prone to darkening with steaming to a pink tone or even red/brown. Consisting of a straight grain with a fine and even texture, well known for its short flecks throughout the wood. It is of medium strength and has a tolerable blunting effect. Pre-drilling for nails and screws is essential to keep a clean finish. Steamed Beech is a naturally nice-looking piece of wood but can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for internal doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal and external use.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.