FD60 Strebord Sapele Fire Doors
Our veneered doors are manufactured using a Strebord multi-layer particle board core, edged all around with 10mm thick Sapele lippings. They are faced with Crown or Quater Cut Sapele Veneer, sanded giving a smooth finish, Pre-finished with three coats of 30% clear AC lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood seasons to reddish or purplish brown. Grain is typically interlocked, resulting in pronounced striped effect when Quarter sliced. When interlocked grain is absent, appearance can be quite plain. Pommele figure from rotary cut veneer appears as diagonal waves of varying intensity.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.