FD60 Strebord Steamed Beech Fire Doors
Our veneered doors are manufactured using a Strebord multi-layer particle board core, edged all around with 10mm thick Steamed Beech lippings. They are faced with Crown or Quater Cut Steamed Beech Veneer, sanded giving a smooth finish, Pre-finished with three coats of 30% clear AC lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Very light sapwood with light pink to reddish brown heartwood, sometimes with a silvery sheen. More coarse than European Beech. Rays are slightly enlarged and will show up as flake when Quarter sliced.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.