FD60 Warm Springs American Black Walnut Fire Doors
Our FD60 Warm Springs doors are constructed using a 51mm thick mineral door core with hardwood framework. This is then lipped all round and faced with 4mm mdf on both sides. The MDF face is suitable for priming, veneering or laminating.
American Black Walnut
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Heartwood varies from dark tan to deep chocolate depending on amount of exposure to air prior to drying. Grain varies from very straight to interlocked which produces pronounced figures that may or may not be desirable. Pin knots with small dark centres may be prevalent.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.