FD90 Warm Springs Cherry Fire Doors
Our FD90 Warm Springs doors are constructed using a 51mm thick mineral door core with hardwood framework. This is then lipped all round and faced with 4mm mdf on both sides. The MDF face is suitable for priming, veneering or laminating.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Pink to reddish brown heartwood with blonde sapwood. Tight grain minimum early wood. Gum, pin knots and burls are prevalent. Figures are common and may include heavy patterns such as ropey, mottled, chevron, and flare
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.