Non-Fire Rated American Black Walnut Raised and Fielded Fire Doors
Non-fire rated raised and fielded panel doors can be manufactured in a wide range of timbers and finishes; ideal for bespoke doors.
American Black Walnut
American Black Walnut can be a variety of shades from a lighter grey-brown to a much darker deep brown to light black. Typically, the grain for this is straight but can be wavy and bears a coarse texture. The slight difference in each piece of wood offers character and shows off its natural beauty; a favourite amongst many. Knots are extremely popular in this hard and tough wood. Both machines and hand tools work well with American Black Walnut making the process slightly easier as it has quite a tolerance to blunting. It can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal use only.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.