Non-Fire Rated Sapele Flat Panel Doors
Non-fire rated flat panel doors can be manufactured in a wide range of timbers and finishes; ideal for bespoke doors.
Sapele is often a darker red/brown toned wood, normally has a wavy or interlocked grain with a fine texture. Some knots and blemishes are present giving this hardwood character. It is a medium strength piece of wood and works well with both machine and hand tools. It does have a tolerable blunt effect on the cutting edge. It can be finished with oil, lacquer, staining, or varnish. Perfect for windows, doors, skirtings, architraves, mouldings and specialist joinery. For internal and external use.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.