Non-Fire Rated Strebord Maple Doors
Our veneered doors are manufactured using a Strebord multi-layer particle board core, edged all around with 10mm thick Maple lippings. They are faced with Crown or Quater Cut Maple Veneer, sanded giving a smooth finish, Pre-finished with three coats of 30% clear AC lacquer ready for site installation.
Available in Crown and Quarter cut.
Characteristics: Sapwood varies from soft pinkish white to light yellow to light khaki in color. Surface is smooth, tight, and dense. Heartwood ranges from dark brown to green to black. Typically sold as white maple. Growth rings are light and at times subtle. Susceptible to insect assault resulting in brown streaks called worm tracks.
If you choose your product to have a clear lacquer finish, it will come with a hard coating with a 30% sheen. This surface is very durable, perfect for lots of use. The process consists of:
- The product is sanded ready for polishing.
- It is wiped down and 2 coats of lacquer is applied.
- Then, it is lightly sanded, which breaks down the grain for a smooth finish.
- A further coat of lacquer is applied to seal and create the hard top.
- Quality checked by our QA manager.